Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

A Red, White, and Blue Christmas Around the World

We decided to simplify our Christmas season this year.  One of the decisions in that was we would only attend one club/organization Christmas party.  This year we chose the party of Team RWB.


Part of that decision was the fact this year they decided to have a "Christmas Around The World" theme for the potluck meal.  Those setting up the event picked 12 different countries... and the US... and asked those coming to pick a country to make a dish or a few to represent that country.

I waited until the week of the party to see what hadn't been selected.  There were several and we picked food from Israel.


I made Honey Chicken (which was a major hit with the recipe asked for), Kugel, and Butternut Couscous.  Hanukkah started on Wednesday the 13th so I decorated my section with a menorah and silver beads.


This were incredible.  They are huge grapes with a doughy kind of wrapper.  SO good!  I am seeking the recipe!


This salad from South Africa was just beautiful (tasty too).


Who can pass up a cheese turnover?


This must have been delicious... by the time I got there, they were GONE.


Love Mexican bread!  Unfortunately, our local Mexican bakery shut down a while back.  I think these were brought up from Nashville.

Every single thing was wonderful.  I really hope they do this again next year!



2 comments:

  1. Did you make your chicken with breast chunks? I think I need the recipe, too! It looks just like what I envisioned one of my Christmas dishes being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe is coming up on the 20th. Yes, I used cut up chicken breasts for it. I'm going to keep a packet of 'nuggets' in the freezer for a quick meal. The chicken can thaw enough in a bowl of hot water while I put together the sauce. Then into the oven!

      Delete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.