Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

"Famous" French Onion Soup

The other day Himself had a taste for some French Onion soup.  Not the canned stuff mind you, but good old fashioned homemade.

With a smile, I pulled out my old copy of the much beloved French Onion soup that was served that the Famous-Barr Department store in St. Louis, MO.


He cleaned out our onion supply.


And then he started them to caramelizing. 


Looking good!  And the house was smelling great too.


The finished product.

Himself likes a lot of cheese and bread on top to dip down into the broth.




2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Back in the 80s I had official handled soup crocks to serve my French Onion soup in, but they went to Goodwill several purges ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was his big question..."What do I put it in?!" That tiny casserole worked just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.