Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Music Of Strangers

I love to be able to go to foreign and independent movies.  Unfortunately you can only (usually) find an independent theater in a fairly large city.  Nashville has the wonderful - and newly renovated - Belcourt Theater in the Hillsboro Village area.


As I was perusing its line-up I saw this poster...


Yo-Yo Ma was enough to make me stop and take another look.  He's incredible!

In 2000 he brought together musicians from around the world to form an ensemble that blended the cultural music of all into a new form of music that celebrates all but is totally unique.


It is diversity at it's best.

It is one of the best documentaries I've seen.  Thought provoking... so many of the musicians have come from tragic situations in their countries.  Yet their music is filled with hope.



Watch this short trailer and you'll see what I mean.

I HIGHLY recommend this movie.  If it comes out in DVD...it's MINE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.