Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Fine Crafts by Tennessee Women Artists

Our local museum had an exhibit recently that got all my creative juices flowing!


You came in to this piece first.  It's about the quote "Sometimes you just have to jump... and grow your wings on the way down."

I absolutely LOVE this piece.


The jewelry was fantastic.  Oh the ideas I got!


This jacket is hand dyed silk and bamboo that was then hand woven.


This piece is also hand dyed and woven.  It's called "Starry, Starry Night".

Oh my goodness!


An assemblage piece.


These little house boxes are made of hand-made paper that is then stitched into the forms.


Basket woven out of copper strips.  There's a round one in the above photo with the paper boxes.


Printing from a hand cut linoleum tile.


Ceramic slab work.


Wood turned tables.

Aren't the pieces fabulous?!  There were so many to look at; just incredible.  I am SO motivated to get down in my studio!  LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.