Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Improv Challenge: Cilantro Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe


At the intersection of "need to figure out a recipe for a challenge" and "what I am going to take to the potluck"... a new pasta salad was born!

My recipe challenge was to use cilantro and lime.

My potluck 'challenge' was what was I going to take this time?  (with the added stipulation that I was feeling really lazy...).

Sounds like pasta salad to me!  You too?

My trick of the trade it to use an interesting salad dressing when I'm in a hurry or lazy.  So a trip to 'Big Box' was in order.  There are so many specialty dressings available that it is fun just to look.  And in looking I spied "Cilantro Avocado" dressing in the produce section.

From there, it was just picking out what sounded good to go with it!


Cilantro Avocado Pasta Salad

1 - 12oz. box of Fusilli (spiral) pasta (I used the tri-color)

Avocado type salad dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado dressing)

Approx 1 and a half cups chopped tomato

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh green bell pepper

1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely (depending on your taste for cilantro)

1 lime

1/4 cup pine nuts

2 cups fresh mozzarella cut into cubes


Cook box of pasta according to package directions for 'al dente'.  Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking.  Spread on dish towel to dry.  Once dry, place in large mixing bowl and squeeze the juice of one lime into pasta.  Stir gently.

Add salad dressing to the pasta, however much you like for the consistency.  Some people like a very moist pasta salad, some less so.  Stir gently.

Add in the other ingredients and again stir gently.  (You don't want to break up your pasta).

Decide if you want more dressing, if so add it now.

Scoop the pasta salad into your serving bowl.  Zest the leftover lime rind onto the top of the salad.

Enjoy room temperature or cold.





1 comment:

  1. Teri, your salad looks quite refreshing & delicious! I love the added pine nuts for crunch -- mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.