Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Rosemary Spiced Nuts



I decided I would like to make some sort of munchie treat for Himself and I so I looked through my munchies Pinboard to see what looked interesting.  There was one for spiced almonds that looked pretty good.


Except I don't like almonds.  So I used three different types of nuts in my mix - almonds, pecans, and English walnuts.


The spice mix is what got my attention... there is a definite Middle East vibe with it. 

I changed up the recipe a bit, as we prefer savory over sweet.  It came out wonderfully... definitely a keeper recipe!




Rosemary Spiced Almonds



1 cup whole almonds, with their skins
(the spice mix makes a LOT... so I did 2 cups of nuts)

1 teaspoon toasted, ground cumin seed


1 teaspoon hot paprika

(Didn't have hot paprika, I keep smoked on hand.  So I used the smoked and added about an 1/8th of a tsp of chipotle for some kick.)


2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary


2 teaspoons olive oil


Fleur de sel (sea salt) to taste

Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Measure the spices, and salt into a small dish and set aside.

Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast until darkened and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove and spill into a sauté pan.

Add the spices. Toss the mixture over heat to coat with the oil.

Add the fleur de sel and spill onto a baking sheet to cool. Store the spiced nuts in a jar.










Posed Perfection




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.