Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Rolling Me Down the Highway

Here's the project I've been working on this week... getting a new (to me) car!  

Little Red is getting old tho he still goes like the Energizer bunny.  But we were no longer comfortable with taking him on our long trips (and he is not comfortable to ride in for a long time either). 

So I did my homework and headed out with my list of "good" and "don't even think about it" cars.

After being jerked around at some local dealerships (what is it about "I have XXX to spend" that they don't understand??  One dude showed me a car that was $4000 over what I said I had to spend and asked me in a cheeky manner, "Is that a problem?"  I answered, "Not if you're writing a check for $4000."), I ended up at Wyatt Johnson Toyota.  John Singleton introduced himself to me and listened to what I had to say.

And showed me autos that met my criteria.


Long story short... I am now the happy owner of a 2011 Nissan Sentra.  It's a nice metallic silver (which you can't see well in this photo taken between thunderstorms!).  It's very comfortable and very spacious.  Four doors so we can take Little Bird and Little Hoss out in our own car.


All the options we had hoped for and none that we didn't want or care about.  Great gas mileage too.


And the trunk is quite roomy too!

Yes, we still have Little Red.  We need a truck to do all the hauling we do for our projects and yard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.