Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Easy Kitchen Update

Still motoring along with my little updates I’ve been doing around the house.

I was so pleased with the kitchen accent wall I decided to kind of focus on the kitchen for a while.  I’m going to see how many little things I can do that will end up resulting in a big difference.


I’m really not at all in love with my cabinets.  While I’d love to rip them out and start over, that is not going to happen anytime soon.  There’s nothing really ‘wrong’ with them…but there is nothing really ‘right’ with them either.

So my next project was to do a set of open cabinets.

I’ve been mulling over this one for a long time.  Sis has some glass front cabinets and I really like them.  But most of my cabinet space is purely functional… I like the fact I can close the doors!

After some thought (and some door uglies on one of the cabinets) I decided to go for it.


Himself took the doors down for me and gave them a good scrubbing out.


I got into my paint stash and pulled out a partial can from when I painted the bedroom.  It’s a Behr paint that is a blue teal color that is almost exactly the same shade that is in my kitchen chair’s pattern.

Here’s the AFTER:


I love them!  It didn’t take much effort at all and zero dollars to do it (since I already had the paint).  Hardest part was deciding where to re-house everything! 


The crystal on the top shelves is from Himself’s mother.  They are pretty old.  The bowls are various serving pieces I use.  I’ll probably change those out regularly by season or mood.

So another kitchen makeover project done…and at least a dozen more on my list!  Stay tuned…




2 comments:

  1. when we moved in our house, 8 years ago, I did the same thing. I took down 3 doors and I have been using the open shelves for our everyday glasses and dishes. I really love the open look and the no money spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your project turned out beautifully, Teri! It really transforms your kitchen. I'd love to try something like that, but my cupboards are so full of "stuff" I don't think I could pull it off. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.