Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancake recipe

Taking a break from my busy.  I got a flu shot yesterday and I’m dragging a bit today.  Nothing wrong with my appetite tho!  Since I had a head of cauliflower that I needed to use NOW… I decided to try a recipe I found on Pinterest.
 
The recipe came from the blog ‘A Good Appetite’ at: http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2009/09/cheesy-cauliflower-pancakes.html 
 
They are GOOD!  Himself told me to make sure I didn’t lose this recipe.  (And he’s not really a cauliflower fan…)
 
 
Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes

1 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c panko
1/2 t cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
salt
olive oil
 
Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.
Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
Makes 8 pancakes
 
OK, I must have had a really large head of cauliflower.  I ended up using around 1 1/2 cups of panko to get a consistency that would hold the pancake form! 
I used chipotle instead of cayenne as I like the flavor better and I definitely used more of that.  And I had used medium cheddar and next time I will use sharp.

1 comment:

  1. Now this looks like a scrumptious way to eat cauliflower. Yummmm

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.