Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

My Artful Friday #3: Juicy Juice

And finally, my piece for the “juicy” challenge at Artist Play Room. 
 
Appropriate, as I was playing around!  The first thought that popped in my head when I read the challenge word was a big bottle of cherry Juicy Juice.  Yep… I love the stuff! 
 
I have some new watercolor pencils I wanted to try, so after doing a sketch (something I really haven’t done before) I worked on coloring it in.  I had copied a photo off the ‘net to look at for shading.  After doing that sketch I knew there was no way I could do anything decent with the label… so I printed off the photo and cut out the label.  LOL 
 
I decided it wasn’t ‘juicy’ enough, so I added glass ‘cherries’ to float around the bottle.
 
That’s better.
 
For a first effort, I’m OK with it.  There are things I like about it, and things that I definitely want to improve.
 
But good enough!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. those glass cherries really add a lot! and i like that you printed the label and used it - i would totally do that! it's like a juicy art journal page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this piece, the color totally lights me up. Great job.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bottle, awesome glass cherries, they really 'pop' off the page :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I like the way you added the highlights to your bottle. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you had fun!! I am definitely getting a juicy vibe from your painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottle of cherry juice is great and you captured the shading perfectly. I would have stuck the label on too :) Those glass cherries are a great idea, it really makes them juicy.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun juicy painting Teri,
    The bottle is great with fantastic shading and the cherries remind me of lollipops! Good enough to eat ;D

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.