Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue Moon Night

Last night Himself and I stepped out on the deck to see the ‘blue moon’.   I didn’t expect to be able to see it this time, as we had rain from Hurricane Isaac on and off yesterday.  But wasn’t it pretty?


OK… I’m just kidding!  Although this photo is exactly as I took it…blue and all… it’s not the ‘blue moon’.  I took this one a few days ago of the nearly full moon in the late afternoon sky.  The sky was causing the blue color. 
Here’s the real ‘blue moon’ from last night. 

My digital camera didn’t want to take the night shots and I got some interesting photos before I zoomed in close to get the above shot.
 
Super moon!  You can see the clouds just above the tree line.

Moon with a corona! 
Nebula moon! 

I have NO idea what was going on in my digital camera’s addled computer brain to make those last 3 photos.  But they sure are kinda fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.