Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: Y





Yankee - What I teasingly call my North Dakota born husband.   

Yogurt – Yes, please!  My favorite breakfast is fresh fruit mixed in yogurt.  My new favorite is honey flavor with blueberries and bananas.  Yum!

Yosemite – There are places that make you shake your head in disbelief because they are so beautiful.  Yosemite is one of those places.  We were there in early May when the waterfalls were roaring from the spring melt.  Wow.  The photo looks like a fake backdrop… but it’s not.  It is truly that incredible.  

Yard - I have a love/hate relationship with our yard.  It’s huge (5 acres of which 3 acres are wooded)… which means there are tons of possibilities and a ton of work.  It’s on a hill... which means the view is great and you are always pulling something up or trying to keep it from rolling down to the river.  And it’s rocky… which means there are some really neat boulders come up when you bulldoze it and bulldozing is the only way you can get anything dug up! 

Yarn – OK, I’ll admit it.  I am a yarn nut.  I love knit/crochet sweaters, socks, gloves, blankets…whatever.  I love skeins of yarn just sitting there!  One of my “50 Before 50” goals was to learn to knit.  Signed up for classes and they went out of business before my classes were over!  Disappeared!  

Yolk – One of my favorite snacky foods… stuffed eggs.  I like them OVERstuffed. 

Yeast bread - I don’t like to bake… unless it is bread.  I love baking bread!  Love eating it too.  I like doing it the ‘old fashioned way’ from proofing my yeast to putting it in the oven.  In the early 80s I took a semester of bread baking classes from a junior college that had a culinary program.  It was fabulous!  

Yugoslavia – Waaaay back in 1984 I was dazzled by the beauty of Yugoslavia as I watched the Winter Olympic competitions.  I decided I would visit there someday.  Someday was in November 2003… except it wasn’t Yugoslavia anymore – it was Bosnia and its beauty bore the horrible scars of a civil war.   A sobering reminder of what hatred can do.

Yucca - I’m going to have some of these in my yard because they are beautiful, they are tough, and they don’t need to be babied.  My kind of plant!  

Yellow – I like to look at rich, sunny, golden yellow and I like to wear cool, icy, pale yellow.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.