Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Tea for a Two Year Old

Little Bird turned 2 on the 18th and her party this year was a High Tea.  When we went to the Ritz for tea she loved the little tid-bits that were just her size.

Her family from both sides came for the festivities.  She was the center of attention.

And she loved every second of it!  As a Birthday Girl should.

She was given some wonderful presents.  This is a ‘sliding puzzle’.  The pieces move about the board but don’t fall out.

Little Bird loves her books.  And Elmo is a particular favorite.

She dove right in!

The High Tea menu was planned months in advance.  I’m not kidding you.  There have been battles fought that had less planning than this party.   I think it turned out lovely. 

The sandwich tray.   

The top is smoked ham, goat cheese and pesto (from my CSA boxes!) on oat bread.  The middle is chicken salad on white and wheat bread.  The bottom plate is cucumber with dill cream cheese (again from my CSA boxes) on oat bread.

Scones.   

We had cranberry, chocolate chip and lemon-ginger.

Strawberry cream tarts.

Mixed fruit tarts.

Zucchini bread (CSA again!).  

The right side is regular zucchini bread.  The left side is the same batter but I threw in a bunch of dark chocolate chips and dried tart cherries.  Oh my goodness!  When Himself comes home I’ll be making more of that.

Chocolate dipped strawberries.

Homemade fudge.

Little Bird and her family.   

Happy birthday baby girl!!!





2 comments:

  1. I can;t figure out why I feel the need to raid my refrigerator after visits with you...
    Happy belated birthday, Little Bird! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened, but I suddenly realized you weren't showing up on my blogroll anymore. Came here and checked, and I was no longer listed as one of your followers. I have no idea what happened, but I've clicked follow again and hopefully, it sticks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.