Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Bit of Art

Last fall I took a mixed media class where I made this piece I called “Spirit of Travel”. 

Well, the instructor has been offering other classes using the bird motif.  I always enjoy getting out for a class as a social time.  When I got to this class I was delighted to find several of my photography friends had also signed up!

I like all the possibilities one can do with each piece.  Although we start out with the same patterns, everyone’s project turns out differently. 

Best Friend has several things going here.  It turned out so nice!

“Road Bird” 

The ‘berries’ on the branch are coins I have gotten in some of my overseas travels.  Both have some sort of bird reference – the top has an eagle on it (coin is from Mexico) and the bottom has a feather (I think the coin is from U.A.E.). 

“Care for the Water” 

This one is kinda of special in that the map I used in the background is a map that had been used on the Indy – and they location shown is exactly where he was at that moment! The waterways are hand colored and the wings are watercolors. 

I’m enjoying my bird projects and have several more I’d like to do. But I’ll tell you more about that later!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely projects and looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects!!1 I've always wanted to take Mixed media class :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.