Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sew What?

Out of the blue I have decided that I am going to learn to sew. Last time I sewed something I was a freshman in high school and I was in home ec class. We won’t go into how long ago that was… OK?

But I went into JoAnn’s Fabrics to pick up a needle threader (I can sew on buttons!) and all at once decided I would recover the cushions on a chair I am redoing.


Then I walked over to the pattern books and picked out four clothes patterns that were listed as “easy” or “make in an hour”.

And today… I am making those cushions! Other than what I have seen on the excellent blogs I visit I have no idea what I am doing.

It should be interesting…

I’ll post photos of the chair when I get it done – no matter how it looks!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for tackling a new project and skill set. I love to sew and hopefully you will find many hours of enjoyment creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved sewing when I was younger - made my sister's wedding gown, even designed and cut my own patterns, including a little linen jacket for my son's second Easter. I wouldn't know where to begin these days!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The staple gun is always my friend when I do cushions, but I have yet to tackle a big chair! But then again, my favorite stitch is zig zag and that's about as fancy as I ever get. Waiting to see what your clever self comes up with! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog while blogsurfing along. :)

    I sew enough to make costumes...don't think I'd want to actually WEAR anything I made, but it's definitely come in handy. At some point maybe I'll take an actual CLASS. I love to buy patterns for cute clothes, though...Plenty of those around our house, but few finished projects! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll put you to work doing stuff for your niece!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.